Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day Breakfast with Family

        
                                        


  I wanted to start 2014 off right by preparing a nice big breakfast for my family. Cooking for my family has always been one of my favorite things to do because I love watching the way they all light up after eating a great meal. I decided to prepare chicken and waffles with fresh fruit as a way to stray from our traditional breakfast choices. Chicken and waffles was also a fitting choice because on Christmas, I received a new waffle Iron from my sister and brother in law that I could not wait to use.

After a little under two hours in the kitchen, we sat down to a feast of chocolate chip, blubbery and cinnamon vanilla waffles paired with crispy chicken strips that were fried in my homemade batter. I also decided to crisp up some bacon and scramble a carton of eggs to add a little variety to the meal. So as we relished in the splendor of the delicious meal I prepared, we drink mimosas and discussed our resolutions for the New Year. Take a look at our breakfast spread. What are your thoughts? How did you spend New Years day?










No comments:

Post a Comment