Thursday, January 30, 2014

Restaurant Review: Hibiscus (Queens Village, NY)


Today I had dinner from  this new West Indian restaurant that recently opened in my neighborhood called Hibiscus. I drove by the restaurant a few times and was intrigued by the fact that the restaurant offered a bar and  lounge. After a brief discussion with my barber and hearing his great reviews on the restaurant, I decided to stop in and see what was offered. To my surprise, the restaurant offers West Indian/ Chinese fusion dishes. They serve traditional West Indian dishes, as well as, Chinese dishes that are offered in several combinations.

The atmosphere was cool and the bar/ lounge area is perfect for grabbing a quick bite or drink. The service was great and prompt and the staff was very friendly and inviting. I like the fact that there is separate dinning area for people that want to eat in the restaurant. As for the food, I loved it! Everything was seasoned just right and there were a lot of big bold flavors. I especially liked the Spicy Garlic Chicken because It had a ton of flavor and spice.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area or to anyone looking for something new to try. It's affordable  and conveniently located near the highway and public transportation. If you decided to try Hibiscus, be sure to share your experience with me.  As always, If you like this post, share, like or leave a comment.

Shrimp and Broccoli

Spicy Garlic Chicken with Fried Rice

Fried Rice with Vegetables 


Hibiscus Restaurant and Lounge 
221-13 Jamaica Avenue 
Queens Village, NY 11428

No comments:

Post a Comment